Skip to main content

I Want It All

Feeling good, and getting by. That's what it's about for me. I've never wanted anything more than to be content, and when I'm more than content...well, that works too. I wasn't looking at this move as a new start, but that's what it is. A new state, a new house, a new job, a new PUPPY. It's terrifying in a sense because I don't know for sure where this will all take me. What I do know is that being happy and terrified is usually a good thing. Those are the moments worth living for, and I'm currently living it. I'm not positive about what will come next after this. But whatever it is, it'll be worth it.

I'm going to do what I want, and live the life I want. I'm going to be happy. I'm going to take risks. I keep these things in the back of my mind. When making decisions, these are the things that help me decide. What's best for me is what I want, not what anyone else wants for me. There's not a certain path meant for me. I am meant to take whatever path I choose. I can make my life whatever I want it to be. I can choose to live a dull life, with no excitement or thrill, working the same 9-5 desk job. And I can choose to live an exciting life, a hopefully inspiring life. A life that I will look back on when I'm 80 years old sitting in a rocking chair, and tell my grandchildren about. I want nothing less of great love, laughs, and adventure.

So maybe I want more than to just get by. I want it all. But I don't want material things. I want it all, as in all of the experience. Give me the whole experience of this wildly colorful life. Bring it on. I want it all. I'm going to get it all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Okay

Peace is when you’re in the midst of all the craziness, and you can take a deep breath, despite all the bullshit, and know you’re okay. You’re okay. Be at peace…I’m at peace with all of the bad, and all of the good in my life. I’ve accepted that no matter how great my life is, there is still negativity everywhere. The only way to be at peace with life is to accept the negativity that comes with it. Feelings, emotions, and moments…they all pass. In fact, everything passes. You feel like you want to die? I promise you, if you’re patient, you will find a reason to live. You’re in love? I’m sorry to break it to you, but you’re going to fall out of love. You’re sliding down your bathroom wall while your face is drenched in tears? You’re going to get up. And listen very carefully…YOU. ARE. GOING. TO. BE. OKAY. And how do I know all of this? Because that was me. I wanted to die, I fell in love, and I cried my heart out. As impossible as it sounded then, it happened. I’m here. I’m alive. And ...

Five Important Questions, Answered

What or who would you be if you knew you couldn't fail? I would travel the world and be a freelance photo journalist that specializes in nature, wildlife and destinations. Take pictures of everywhere I've been and all of the exotic animals I've seen and write about it. Make a significant amount of money where I can comfortably travel wherever I want with my family and show them the world. What is your ninety-second personal elevator speech? (to get someone to fully understand you) No matter how old I am, I am young at heart. No matter how young I am, I am more mature than my age. I am compassionate and want so badly to see the good in everyone. I am too willingly able to love and forgive. I love everything about life, not just mine, but life in general.  Beauty can make me crushingly sad. I find more room in my heart everyday to feel and love things. I am tired and lay in bed for days on end to re-energize and I think about everything that has happened to me and what...

Mental Health Awareness

Here we go: #MentalHealthAwareness For those who won't make it through the whole thing just know I hope you decide to live today and every other day. Mostly because I'm selfish and need other fucked up people similar to myself for emotional support, because this shit is WAAACK. When I was 16 the depression became noticeable. Weeks spent in bed, grades going down the drain, attempted suicide, self harm, the whole package deal. When I was 18 I was diagnosed with basically everything a mentally ill person can be diagnosed with... PTSD, Generalized Anxiety, Depression and showing symptons of Bipolar Disorder and Borderline Personality. (Yeah, don't fuck with me). In between 16 and now I walked out on multiple jobs, traveled in order to "find myself", got in questionable relationships, continued the self harm, avoided my family, etc. It got ugly but then it would be okay for a little bit, like a steady but manageable trickle of darkness. I got lucky because I start...